- Introductions, expectations of the sessions and ice breaker
- Getting to know baby: Bonding with baby in utero.
- Birth plan: Expectations and realities.
- Hospital bag: What to pack!
- Antenatal visit: When to expect this. Further mandatory checks by the
Health Visiting team.
- Getting to know baby: Reading cues, recognising different cries,
- Changing nappies and their contents.
- Bathing baby: Frequency and preparation. Handling baby: How babies
like to be held/ skin to skin contact. Coping with visitors.
- Colic and reflux: What are they and how to relieve symptoms? Baby
- Hormonal changes: low mood, coping with sleep deprivation.
- Feeding baby: Breastfeeding/bottle feeding (how to get partner
involved) Frequency of feeds and babies physiology.
- Sleep: Safe sleep. Stages of sleep
- Growth and development:
- Growth spurts and milestones
- Common Childhood illnesses
- Out and about: Parking, feeding and baby changing facilities.
- Activities and support: What’s on where and when i.e. feeding support,
sling library, baby sensory groups etc.
- Helpful Apps.
- Where to look for courses (first aid, etc.)
- Return to work: Childcare