A wonderful opportunity for mums based in Essex to have a day set aside each week to be amongst other mums and their new babies. A space to chat, offer help, advice and support in the comfort of the Nesting Place whilst, learning the magical experience of Baby Massage!
What are the benefits of Baby Massage?
· Relaxing for both parent and baby promoting a good dose of the feel good hormone Oxytocin
· Helps with bonding
· Helps with colic
· Helps with teething
· Helps with constipation
· Gain more in-depth understanding of your baby through their cry and certain movements.
· Builds up your confidence with handling your baby
· Helps babies to begin to understand the world around them through the power of touch
· Recognition of facial expressions aiding an early introduction to social skills
· Helps to aid brain development
· Helps with awareness of self & others
· Helps with coordination
How does it work?
Small intimate groups of Mummies and their little bundles (from 6 weeks old and beyond) get together each week for 4 weeks.
Each week we go over the amount of pressure that is safe to use on your baby, we ask the babies for permission and even though we use a super safe oil (Grapeseed) we show you how to do an allergy test in case you decide to move onto a different oil one day.
We then go through that week’s demonstration together then pair up to repeat then I go over it again so you would’ve done the routine 3 times before practising at home with your handouts, the following week we go over it all again before moving onto the next routine – all this will be explained at your Introduction to baby massage session.
Our four weekly courses are held at The Nesting Place on Wednesday Mornings 10:30-11:30. For more information and to book your place on the next available course please email Kia at http://www.takesometime.co.uk/contact/